The objective of EvalYouth Task Force 1 (TF1) is to increase the involvement of YEEs in VOPE activities, governance, and leadership.
The rationales for this work are:
- To motivate YEEs to become more involved in VOPE governance, rather than only participating in VOPE activities, while also taking into account certain regional dimensions
- To work with VOPEs to bolster the inclusion of YEEs in their governance bodies and capacity building programs
- To contribute to strengthening individual and institutional capacities of YEEs and VOPEs.
To meet its objectives, TF1 implements four main types of activities: webinars, EY chapter success stories, toolkit development and a video campaign. Each activity is governed and implemented by a Working Group.
Working Group 1: Global and Regional Webinars
This Working Group organizes webinars aimed at the global and regional levels to review YEEs’ participation in national VOPEs, and to complement its other workstreams. Webinars to date include:
- Webinar 1 - Increasing the involvement of YEEs in VOPE governance: Challenges and Opportunities (2017)
- Webinar 2 - Welcome YEE to VOPEs: thoughts from VOPE leaders & senior evaluator (2017)
- Webinar 3 - How to get involved in a VOPE and not die trying! (2018)
- Webinar 4 - Do's & Don'ts in VOPE Governance and Activism: Experiences from Regional VOPE Leaders (2018)
- Regional Webinar 1 – YEE involved in National VOPEs in Africa: Success, Challenges and Opportunities in English (2019)
- Regional Webinar 2 – Participation of YEEs in national VOPEs: Success, Challenges and Opportunities in French (2019)
- Regional Webinar 3 – Participation of YEEs in national VOPEs: Success, Challenges and Opportunities in Spanish (2019)
- Sharing Lessons Learnt From Being Involved in the Governance of the Regional Networks and VOPEs (2019): in English, French, Spanish, and Russian
- Webinar 1: Success Stories of Francophone Network of Emerging Evaluators (RF-Ee)
- Webinar 2: Lessons from YEEs in VOPE Leadership (Regional webinar) (2020)
- Webinar 3: Toolkit for Engaging YEEs in VOPEs Leadership & Governance (2020)
- Webinar 4: Lessons from YEEs in VOPE Leadership (Regional webinar, forthcoming)
Working Group 2: Guidelines to Include YEEs on VOPEs’ Boards
This Working Group developed the Toolkit for Engaging YEEs in VOPEs Leadership & Governance. Released in October 2020, it aims to identify the good practices currently used to engage YEEs for replication and scaling up in other contexts to increase the benefits to VOPEs, YEEs and the evaluation profession.
Working Group 3: EvalYouth Chapters Success Stories
This Working Group produces case studies that demonstrate the success stories of EvalYouth’s regional chapters. To date, four success stories have been completed:
- EvalYouth Latin America and Caribbean (LAC) region
- EvalYouth Francophone Emerging Evaluator network (RF-Ee) region (in French)
- EvalYouth Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region.
- EvalYouth Eastern Europe, Central Asia & South Caucasus (ECA) region.
A #WelcometheYEE video campaign with messages shared by YEEs and VOPE leaders to encourage the involvement of YEEs in their VOPEs.
To understand the type of involvement YEEs had in VOPEs that will inform the campaigns to motivate YEEs.
Scholarship to YEE for Regional Conferences
YEEs are sponsored to attend regional conferences to encourage their involvement in regional and national VOPEs.